Child Month 2016 will be celebrated in May under the theme, 'Healthy Children Build a Stronger Nation'. This theme is aimed at raising awareness of children's health - physical, mental and social well-being.
It is also a national initiative to create a healthy lifestyle and environment for our children to pursue their dreams, and secure our country’s future growth and development. This can be achieved if we:
* Promote health and wellness at an early age
* Provide healthy meals for children
* Increase children’s physical activity and create a safe environment for them
* Empower parents, teachers, caregivers and other citizens
* Encourage the planting and consumption of local foods
Let us all support the scheduled activities for the celebration of Child Month 2016.