A nation empowered by a dynamic system of care, education and training
Providing quality care and education in an innovative, inclusive and enabling environment thereby creating socially conscious and productive Jamaicans.
Child and Youth Development
Child Care and Protection
Governance and Accountability
Information and Communication
Quality Education and Training
Safety, Security and Uniformed Groups in all schools
Technology in Education and Administration
Differentiated Instruction for effective teaching and learning
Youth Development and Career AdvancementEfficiency in Public Information and Communication
- To minimize the number of children and youth at risk through public education, needs based intervention and programmes for the safety, security, growth anddevelopment of children and young people.
- To maximize the percentage of Jamaican children ages 3-18 who have access and/or attachment to quality education.
- To maximize the percentage of Jamaican youth who have access to opportunities for governance and advocacy, continuing education, training and work experience.
- To maximize the percentage of the work force that is trained and certified to satisfy labour market demands.
- To maximize the percentage of Jamaican educational programmes that meet prescribed standards of quality
- A. To maximize the literacy rate at grade 4.
B. To maximize the numeracy rate at grade 4.
7. To maximize the percentage of Jamaican schools that provide a safe, secure and
healthy, physical, social, emotional and spiritual environment.
8. To maximize the percentage of state care institutions that provide a safe secureand healthy environment
9. To maximize the number of partnerships with donors, private sector, parents, community and the diaspora
10. To maximize the percentage of schools and other institutions that are provided with staffing, equipment, materials, curriculum offerings, support services and physical facilities that meet standards of sufficiency.
11. To maximize the percentage of teachers and administrators in the education sector who are certified and licensed.
12. To develop framework to support effective and efficient communication, records and information management.